10 Ways To Save Money On Car Rentals
Renting a car can be a frustrating and expensive experience. But with a bit of planning, you can save money on your car rentals and enjoy the ride!
- Look for the best price on travel sites like Expedia and Travelocity.
- Call the rental companies directly and see if they can beat the price you found online.
- Additional discounts on car rentals are available through memberships with CAA or Entertainment.com.
- Do you work for a large corporation? You may be able to get a discount or preferred service through their contract with a rental agency.
- Choosing a smaller car will not only save you on the price of your car rental, but you’ll also save money on gas to run it.
- There is often an additional fee to pick your car up at the airport. You can save some money by taking a taxi from the airport to another rental office. As a bonus, this may also save you the hassle of long lines at the busy airport rental office.
- Skip the car rental insurance. Through either your regular car insurance or possibly even your credit card, you may have enough coverage to not need the loss damage waiver (LDW) and collision damage waiver (CDW) that car rental companies will pitch to you.
- Look for any scratches or dents on the vehicle before signing the papers and driving away. When you return the car, you can be charged for any damage not listed from the original report.
- Fill up the car’s gas tank before you return it. The rate the rental company will charge is much higher than what it will cost you to fill it yourself.
- Find out how late the car can be returned without being charged for an extra day.