Points to Rewards – FreshPoints Guide.
Have you heard about FreshPoints? If not, here is a brief introduction about who they are and what they do.
FreshPoints is a mobile rewards program that allows you to receive points when you go grocery shopping. These points can then be turned into rewards, simply by shopping at any grocery store and scanning the barcode of your grocery items.
How does FreshPoints work?
- Once inside a grocery store, open the app and “check-in” to that store. You will receive 25 points just for doing this one action.
- Once home, scan the barcode on products you’ve purchased in order to receive points for them. Some items will receive more points than others.
- Afterwards, you can rate the products that you’ve scanned and share these ratings on your social media accounts to receive even more points.
- Once you’ve acquired enough points, you are able to redeem them for various gift cards or offers.
Who can be a member?
Anyone living within Canada can be a member of FreshPoints. You will also need an iPhone, iPad or iPhone with camera, as this app is not available on any other devices at the moment.
You can only have 1 account per person. This means that more than one person in your household can have an account, if you have multiple devices.
When are new offers available?
New FreshPoints offers are released every Friday afternoon. You will receive an email and you can also find these offers on MapleMoney.com, of course!
What can be scanned?
Any grocery item that is purchased in a grocery store can be scanned. This includes food and beverage products, pet food, household cleaning items (cleaners, air fresheners) and personal care items (shampoo, toilet paper).
Is there a check-in limit?
You are able to check-in 15 times per week and will receive 25 points per check-in.
Is there a scanning limit?
You are only able to scan 50 items within a 24 hour period. You will receive 5 points per scan.
What if I get asked to take a photo of an item I’ve scanned?
If a new item is scanned and there is no image for that item, FreshPoints will ask you to submit an image. There is a weekly limit of 50 new product image uploads a week and you will receive 5 points for every photo you submit.
What is a lottery scan?
This allows you to earn more than the base amount on the next item you scan. Think of it as bonus points!
How many points can I receive?
- Check-in: 25 points
- Submitting an image: 5 points
- Sharing on Facebook: 3 points
- Sharing on Twitter: 3 points
- Rate an item: 5 points
How long before I receive my reward?
Most of the rewards are digital and are sent via email. They are usually received within 2 business days. Physical rewards (Esso, Jack Astors, Subway gift cards) are sent via postal mail and can take up to 2 weeks to be received.
If you’re going to be grocery shopping (and who doesn’t have to grocery shop?), you might as well earn something for doing it and FreshPoints is a fantastic way to earn rewards for doing something you have to do anyway.