Here is a recipe for homemade baby wipes or makeup remover, sent in by a reader:
This a frugal tip I got from the show “Steven and Chris” this summer.
You can make your own baby wipes and save lots of money during your child’s diaper wearing phase. All you need is a roll of good quality 2-ply paper towel and some simple ingredients from your kitchen.
You can put everything into a wipes container – or, you can keep the solution in a bottle and use washcloths. These are great to keep in the car as well and can work to remove makeup at the end of the day too!
- 2 Tablespoons Baby Shampoo
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Drops Tea Tree Oil (Or Vinegar)
- 2 Drop Essential Oil (Any Scent You’d Like)
- 2 Cups Water
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Cut roll of paper towel in half. Pour 1/4 of the liquid in the container bottom then put the cut side of the paper towel roll into the container. Pour the remaining solution over top of the paper towel roll.
- Let stand for ten minutes and then remove the cardboard centre from the roll of wipes. Pull wipes from the centre to start using.