Welcome to The MapleMoney Show, the podcast that helps Canadians improve their personal finances to create lasting financial freedom. I’m your host, Tom Drake, the founder of MapleMoney, where I’ve been writing about all things related to personal finance since 2009.
Are you unhappy with your financial situation, but are unsure what you can do about it?
This week, I talk to someone who knows how you can create your own luck with money.
My guest this week, Grant Sabatier, went from completely broke to financially independent in 5 years. In this episode, Grant shares how he was able to get a raise, start a business, and achieve financial freedom.
From being down and out, with only $2.26 in his bank account, Grant was able to save over $1MM in a relatively short period of time. He explains how he landed a digital marketing job without experience and then converted it into two successful businesses of his own.
Along the way, Grant learned everything he could about managing money, by reading books on the subject. In fact, Grant has read over 400 books on the topic of personal finance. He shares some of his top picks, including the one book that changed his life.
Our sponsor this week is Borrowell, a company on a mission. Not only do they help Canadians make great decisions about credit, they’ve taken what was once a $23/month expense and made it absolutely free. Head to Borrowell today to get a copy of your free credit score, credit report, as well as continual monitoring.
- The book that changed Grant’s life
- Most people tend to undervalue their time
- The difference between real and perceived value
- Why getting to know your boss might be your key to making more money
- The simple activity that will lead to raises at work
- Investing in your career will pay dividends
- You’re much more valuable to your company than you likely realize
- Grant shares some top picks from his personal finance book collection