Welcome to The MapleMoney Show, the podcast that helps Canadians improve their personal finances to create lasting financial freedom. I’m your host, Tom Drake, the founder of MapleMoney, where I’ve been writing about all things related to personal finance since 2009.
My guest is millennial money expert, Jessica Moorhouse. She’s an Accredited Financial Counsellor Canada, and is well versed on many of the financial issues facing millennials today. You can find her at jessicamoorhouse.com or listen to her very popular, Mo’ Money Podcast.
In this episode, Jessica and I discuss the struggles that many millennials are facing when it comes to their finances. As expected, Jessica offers a wealth of insight, as the conversation ranges from robo-advisors to why she avoids most personal finance apps.
Jessica also shares a recent habit she’s developed that’s driving her husband crazy!
This episode is made possible by our sponsors at Borrowell. Whether you’re looking for a personal loan, a car loan or a mortgage, it’s important to know your credit score. Borrowell will provide you with your Equifax Credit score, for free, and the process only takes a few minutes. Access your credit score today!
- The #1 financial struggle facing millennials.
- Why you should be cautious when receiving financial advice from others.
- Find out why Jessica’s favourite debt repayment plan has a lot to do with investing.
- Snowballs, Snowflakes and Avalanches.
- 3 things that will have you feeling confident about managing your money
- Why so many personal finance apps are overrated.
- Jessica recalls an embarrassing money mistake.
- The one thing people don’t think about when it comes to money.