Here’s an inspiring story, sent in by Laurie.
I paid off my credit card debt ($14,000.00) last year and am so happy! I had to go through debt consolidation for 4 years, but it was worth it to become debt free. I now have a small automobile loan to build my credit back up, but that is all.
Here are a few ways I save money:
– I don’t have any credit cards, I pay only with cash.
– I put $50.00 per month into my saving account (plus, I have a ‘spend and save’ account where $1.00 will go into my savings account every time I do a bank transaction – this helps me save up for our yearly camping trip and helped me to pay for my son’s new laptop as well).
– I also start buying Halloween and Christmas items before the holiday hits (I create Halloween displays every year). I always pick up things on sale when buying early.
– I work during our busy season (I work at Stormtech), which helps pay for Christmas and a bit of spending money after Chritsmas, as well.
– I shop on eBay for gifts and for my Halloween display items. You can also buy coupons from eBay and get a great selection (good for coupon trading or using yourself).
– On a regular basis I go through the weekly flyers, I price match, and I use coupons.
I live in Surrey, BC, which can be expensive to live – so I try to watch my money and use coupons just to get by.
Do you have an inspiring story to share? Please let me know!