Top 10 Ways to Use Borax
Have you ever used Borax before? I’ve only been using it recently, after a friend told me to use it to clean carpet strains, but I’m amazed at just how many things this amazing product can do!
Borax is most often used as a laundry booster, but it’s extremely versatile and effective as a household cleaner.
Here are some interesting facts about Borax:
- Natural deodorizer
- Detergent booster
- Stain remover
- Safe for all machines
- HE compatible
Top 10 Uses for Borax
- Mix together 1 tablespoons of borax ad 2 cups of very warm water in a spray bottle and use as all-purpose cleaner.
- Keep ants and roaches away by mixing equal parts borax and sugar, and sprinkling it where the bugs are getting in.
- Keep mice out of your home by sprinkling some borax on the floor along the wall.
- Eliminate bed bugs by sprinkling some borax on your mattress, letting it sit for an hour, then vacuuming it up.
- Clean your garbage disposal by putting 3 tablespoons of borax down the drain. Allow to sit for an hour, then flush it with hot water.
- Clean extra dirty pots & pans by mixing 1 teaspoon borax with a bit of warm water and scrubbing with cloth or sponge.
- Mix together 1/4 cup borax and 1 cup water very well, then pour on carpet stains. Allow to sit for a few minutes, then scrub clean.
- Add 1 tablespoon of borax in your dishwasher to help remove water spots on your dishes.
- Add about 1/3 cup borax to your toilet bowl, scrub with a toilet brush, and then flush to completely clean your toilet without chemicals.
- Clean soiled cloth diapers by soaking in a pail, filled with warm water and 1 cup of borax. Soak for 30-40 minutes, then wash normally.