Raise your hand if you have a can of this stuff at home! I don’t know many people that don’t have at least one can od WD-40 around at all times – and it all makes sense to me now, because WD-40 is not just for squeaky door hinges!
No, no, no – it can do SO much more! I did some research and found a myriad of different uses for this very versatile product!
25 Uses for WD-40 Around Your Home
1. Removes adhesive price tags from pretty much anything (don’t use it on dishes, though!).
2. Cleans black streaks from most floor surfaces (clean your floor well after using!).
3. Removes paint from tile flooring (clean your floor well after using!).
4. Removes crayon from pretty much anything.
5. Removes sticker residue from clothes (test on a low-visibility area of the clothing first).
6. Removes permanent ink from pretty much anything.
7. Removes sticky grime from grout on bathroom floors (clean your floor well after using!).
8. Removes nail polish from most floor surfaces (clean your floor well after using!).
9. Loosens stuck zippers.
10. Untangles most jewelry chains.
11. Removes most stains from stainless steel sinks.
12. Removes pasta sauce stains from clothing (test on a low-visibility area of the clothing first).
13. Removes ink from jeans & hands.
14. Removes glue from carpet (test in a low-visibility area first).
15. Removes rubber cement.
16. Removes oil & tar from hands.
17. Protects silver from tarnishing.
18. Cleans and lubricates guitar strings.
19. Cleans chalkboards.
20. Removes lipstick stains.
21. Removes dirt and grime from the barbecue.
22. Keeps most garden pots from oxidizing.
23. Keeps glass shower doors free of water spots.
24. Lubricates tracks home windows (so they are easier to open).
25. Stops squeaks in electric fans.
For more great uses for WD-40, check out this amazing list (posted on the WD-40 website), that shares over 2,000 ways to use this awesome product!