What to do with Coke.
Did you know that Coca-Cola (or Coke, as you may call it) can be used for things other than drinking and cooking with? It’s true! It’s surprisingly good at tackling big, annoying problems.
So, the next time you see it on sale, pick up a few bottles (even if you don’t drink it) to use for the following issues:
- Have the best looking lawn on the block. Add 1 can of beer (not light), 1 can of Coca-Cola (or any other kind of pop, not diet), 1/2 cup dish soap (not antibacterial), 1/2 cup liquid ammonia and 1/2 cup mouthwash into a 10 gallon sprayer attached to your garden hose. Apply every 3-4 weeks.
- Remove grease stains and odours from clothing. Empty a can of Coca-Cola into your washing machine (along with your laundry detergent) and run through a normal cycle.
- Remove gum from hair. Dip hair into a small bowl of Coca-Cola, and leave for a few minutes. Gently wipe gum off of hair.
- Remove marker from carpet. Apply a bit of Coca-Cola, scrub, and then clean with warm, soapy water.
- Remove rust from items. Completely cover item with Coca-Cola and leave overnight. Remove and wipe with a dry towel. If there are still some spots of rust, repeat this process.
- Cure nausea. Sipping a glass of flat Coca-Cola every hour can really help to relieve nausea.
- Clean a toilet. Pour Coca-Cola inside your toilet bowl (not in the water, but around the bowl), leave for a few hours and then flush.
- Clean oil stains from a garage floor. Simply pour and completely cover a stain with Coca-Cola, allow to soak for a few hours and spray it clean with a hose.
- Clean blackened pans and pots. Allow the pan or pot soak in the Coca-Cola, then rinse. Wash as usual.
Can you believe that Coca-Cola soda does all of these things? I was a skeptic, until I tried almost all of them myself and found that these tips really do work!
Give these ideas a try for yourself – you’ll be amazed (in a good way, of course).