Welcome to The MapleMoney Show, the podcast that helps Canadians improve their personal finances to create lasting financial freedom. I’m your host, Tom Drake, the founder of MapleMoney, where I’ve been writing about all things related to personal finance since 2009.
In this episode, I chat with Pat Flynn, from Smart Passive Income. We discuss his experience in being laid off from his job during the 2008 financial crisis, and how he managed to turn the experience into a positive.
Pat dishes on past side hustles, including one that may or may not have been legal! He also explains what inspired him to relaunch his book, Let Go.
You can find Pat on his website, smartpassiveincome.com, and also on his podcasts, Smart Passive Income and Ask Pat. Links to these sites can be found below.
This episode is made possible by our sponsors at Borrowell. Whether you’re looking for a personal loan, a car loan or a mortgage, it’s important to understand how your credit score works. Borrowell will provide you with your Equifax Credit report, for free, and the process only takes a few minutes. Access your credit report today!
- Why starting a business is a great way to supplement your income.
- Pat explains how he was let go from his employer shortly after receiving a promotion.
- Learn how a podcast changed Pat’s life.
- Why Pat’s layoff became a blessing in disguise.
- Before he was an entrepreneur, Pat explains that he was a serial side hustler.
- Most entrepreneurs give up too early because they lack this one trait.
- Pat discusses the new version of his book, Let Go, and how it can help other entrepreneurs.