Welcome to The MapleMoney Show, the podcast that helps Canadians improve their personal finances to create lasting financial freedom. I’m your host, Tom Drake, the founder of MapleMoney, where I’ve been writing about all things related to personal finance since 2009.
Would you like to work from home? Becoming a virtual assistant can be a great way to make money online. My guest this week, Kayla Sloan, has been earning a living as a virtual assistant, and now helps others start their own virtual assistant business.
Kayla started working as a virtual assistant as a way to earn extra income. As her business grew, she realized that she was making as much money as a VA, as she was in her full-time job. Eventually, Kayla left her job to devote 100% of her energy to her business, and she’s never looked back.
In this episode, Kayla shares some of what she’s learned as a virtual assistant, including the key skills a VA must possess, as well as ways that you can get started as a virtual assistant. It’s an episode you don’t want to miss!
Our sponsor this week, Wealthsimple, has a new offering called Wealthsimple Trade. Trade will let you buy and sell over 8000 stocks and ETFs, commission free. Get all the details right here.
- What exactly is a virtual assistant (VA)?
- There are over 100 services that businesses can outsource to a virtual assistant.
- The benefits of using a virtual assistant in a traditional business.
- The key skills that a virtual assistant should possess.
- How does a virtual assistant get paid?
- Ways to get started as a VA.
- The most common mistake a VA can make.