10 Ways To Save Money By Using The Internet
The internet is a great source for information on how to save money. Whether you’re looking to get a discount on online purchases, car rentals or even groceries, these tips should provide you with some great ways to get the best price.
- Research the item you are planning to purchase. The first step to truly saving money is getting the best value for your dollar.
- Look for deals at sites like Red Flag Deals, Smart Canucks and Bargain Moose. They all offer a great source for finding the best deals either online or in stores. I saved over $1,000 on a TV from a price matching strategy I found in the Red Flag Deals forum.
- If you’re shopping online, look to save on shipping. Even better, get free shipping. Many sites will offer shipping after your total order is past a certain dollar amount, others may offer a “free shipping” promotion.
- Use Google to find discounts. Google the name of the website you are shopping at plus terms like “promo code”, “coupon code”, or “discount code”. To know what term any particular site uses, look for a box during the checkout process.
- If you collect Air Miles or Aeroplan points, get special discounts by shopping from Air Miles Shops and Aeroplan eStore.
- Shopping with a Visa? Visit the Visa Perks site and get promotion codes for huge discounts of 10%-75%.
- To get more discounts direct from the online store, sign up for their email list. Whether it’s called a newsletter or email alert, many retailers will try to entice their contacts with special offers.
- A newer way for stores to promote themselves is with Twitter and Facebook. Similar to the email lists, retailers will often post special deals to get you to come to their website and shop.
- Check out store flyers online. Most store web sites include their flyer, plus you can find flyers on Flyerland and Grocery Alerts. Using online flyers can help you stay organized and you won’t have to deal with all the paper!
- While looking to save money on groceries, head over to Save.ca to pick out coupons that they will mail to you. And these coupons save you more than just a few cents here and there, many are worth $1.00 or $2.00.
Do you have any other ways that you use the internet to save money?