Cream of Tartar – 17 Uses That Will Blow Your Mind
But this is one pantry staple that should not be forgotten – and not just because of it’s many culinary applications. No, cream of tartar is much, much more than that. You can use it for so many things other than cooking.
Here are 17 of them:
1. Clean your tub: Make a paste of cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide. Apply to stains, let it dry, wipe off and rinse clean.
2. Remove ink stains from clothing: Create a paste of cream of tartar and lemon juice. Apply to garment and allow to sit for 1-2 hours. Wash in your washing machine as usual.
3. Clean your burner pans: Mix equal parts cream of tartar and white vinegar and apply to your burner pans. Allow to sit for 15 minutes and then scrub clean.
4. Create household cleaner: Mix equal parts cream of tartar and white vinegar. You can clean most surfaces in your home with this cleaner.
5. Great stain remover: Mix 1 cream of tartar with 1/2 cup glycerin and add to a spray bottle. Use on laundry items as needed.
6. Clean your grout: Create a paste of cream of tartar and white vinegar to remove mold and mildew from your grout.
7. Clean your copper: Mix 2 tablespoons cream of tartar with 1 tablespoon lemon juice, rub all over your copper and wipe clean.
8. Clean your stove oven: Mix cream of tartar and white vinegar to make a paste, and apply to the inside of your oven. Allow to sit for about 3 hours and then wipe clean.
9. Remove ring around shirt collars: Apply cream of tartar directly to the ring. Rub it in and the ring should disappear.
10. Remove stains from porcelain sinks: Mix equal parts cream of tartar and white vinegar. Rub onto stain, wipe away and rinse clean.
11. Clean your stainless steel appliances: Mix cream of tartar with a bit of water to polish your appliances.
12. Remove scratches on dishes: Create a thick paste of cream of tartar and water, apply to your dishes, wipe away and rinse clean.
13. Clean your coffee pot: Sprinkle 3 teaspoons of cream of tartar into your coffee pot and fill with water. Heat, wipe clean and rinse.
14. Get rid of ants: Sprinkle cream of tartar in the area that you often get ants, to keep them away.
15. Clean stains from mugs: Put a small amount of cream of tartar and a few drops of water into your mug, let it sit for about 30 seconds, scrub and rinse clean.
16. Have brighter vegetables: Add about half a teaspoon of cream of tartar to boiling veggies. This will help to preserve their color.
17. Clean your drain: Mix 1/4 cup baking soda, 1/4 cup salt, and 1 tablespoon cream of tartar. Pour into your drain and then add 1 cup of water. Allow to sit for about 60 seconds and then wash it all down.
Are you convinced yet?
This very inexpensive, fine white powder is fantastic. If you’re looking for a more natural cleaner around your home – cream of tartar is one thing you should always have on hand (along with baking soda and white vinegar, of course!).