Here is the Safeway Canada coupon policy:
Manufacturer and Store Coupons:
- We will redeem coupons only for the specific items included in our customer’s purchase transaction. The redemption value will be as stated on the coupon, unless that value yields a final price for such item less than zero; if application of the redemption value yields a price less than zero, the coupon will be redeemed only for the amount that yields a zero price (our customer cannot net a cash credit or payout from a coupon purchase).
- Paper coupons must be presented at the time of the purchase transaction. We will accept only coupons issued by Canada Safeway or the manufacturer of the relevant product. We will not accept photocopies of coupons.
- Coupons are subject to advertised offer limitations and all other limitations and restrictions on the applicable coupon or product.
- Coupons may not be applied against any free item received in any offer.
- Coupons have no cash value.
- Cash discount coupons applied to the total purchase cannot be combined with any other discount offer, including Customer Appreciation Day & Seniors Day.
- Safeway will not accept manufacturer coupons (including, but not limited to, coupons issued through an in-store coupon dispenser) that display another retailer’s logo or name.
- We will not accept coupons unless they have an expiration date. Expired coupons will not be accepted.
- We will not accept coupons that, in the determination of Safeway personnel, appear distorted or blurry or are altered in any way.
- Sales taxes will be applied in accordance with the law of the applicable province, regardless of any coupon or other discount that may apply to the purchase transaction.
- All applicable bottle or packaging deposits and enviro levies on the purchased and free items must be paid by the customer.
- Safeway reserves the right to refuse any coupons at its discretion.
- Purchase reward thresholds (if any) will be calculated based upon customer’s final price (after deducting Club Card savings and all other discounts and savings, including manufacturer coupons).
- References to a minimum purchase requirement will not include purchases of: prescriptions, diabetes merchandise, insulin pumps, insulin pump supplies, tobacco, transit passes, postage stamps, event tickets, fuel purchases, Starbucks, Tim Hortons, enviro levies, recycling fees, bottle deposits, floral deliveries, custom specialty orders, all gift cards and sales tax.
Internet Printed Coupons:
- We gladly accept internet printed coupons. The same manufacturer and store coupon rules above apply to all internet printed coupons.
- Internet printed coupons must have serial numbers and must follow an industry-standard format.
- Manufacturer internet printed coupons must clearly indicate that they are a manufacturer coupon and must have a Canadian redemption or clearing house address on the printed coupon.
- We will not accept “free product” internet printed manufacturer coupons.
Electronic or Mobile Coupons:
- We will accept electronic coupons presented on handheld mobile devices or smart phones (iPhones, Blackberries, etc.) issued by Canada Safeway Limited or AIR MILES on behalf of Canada Safeway. No other electronic coupons presented on handheld devices, including manufacturer coupons, are acceptable at Safeway.
- All electronic coupons must have a valid PLU number to be accepted. Barcodes are not acceptable and cannot be scanned from a handheld mobile device.
Load to Card Club Coupons:
Internet and digital coupons that have been electronically loaded to a Safeway Club Card are automatically redeemed at the time of purchase after the club card number has been entered. All other coupon policies above apply to electronic coupons that are loaded to a club card.
Doubling of Coupons:
Canada Safeway does not allow doubling of coupons.
- Canada Safeway does not allow a customer to redeem more than one manufacturer coupons against the same item in a single transaction.
- Coupon stacking policies for manufacturer coupons apply to paper and electronic coupons that have been loaded to a club card.
- If a customer presents two coupons for the same item in a single transaction, Safeway will give the highest discount for that item, subject to the terms of the applicable offer and/or coupon.
If you found this helpful, please share it with your friends and family by clicking one of the social share buttons below (or at the top-right of this post)!