Alka-seltzer – it’s not just for easing an upset stomach! Well, that’s what many people think it’s for, but surprisingly, there a bunch of other ways to use Alka-Seltzer.
I love finding ways to use regular household items, such as vinegar, baking soda, and now Alka-Seltzer! Nothing says frugal much more than finding new uses for items you regularly use in your home and life.
9 Remarkable Uses for Alka-Seltzer
- Need to unclog and/or deodorize your drain? Put four Alka-Seltzer tablets down your drain, followed by a cup of white vinegar. and allow to stand for 15 minutes. Then, pour boiling water down the drain.
- Need relief from insect bites? Soak a cotton ball in a solution of 2 Alka-Seltzer tablets and a cup of warm water. Hold the cotton ball on the bite for 25-30 minutes.
- Have some pots, pans or bakeware with burnt-on food? To a sink full of hot water, add 5-6 Alka-Seltzer tablets and then add your cookware and allow to soak for an hour. Wash and rinse clean.
- To whiten yellowed cotton clothing, bedding or towels, soak in a solution of 2 Alka-Seltzer tables and a gallon of warm water. Hang to try in the sun to really brighten those items!
- Get rid of odours in your fridge by adding an Alka-Seltzer tablet to a cup of water and leaving it in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Make sure your fridge is thoroughly cleaned out before trying this.
- One of the hardest stains to remove from plastic containers is red pasta sauce. Not anymore! Fill your container with hot water and 1-2 Alka-Seltzer tablets. Soak for about 30 minutes and the stains will vanish!
- Clean your coffeemaker by filling the water chamber of your coffeemaker and then droping in three tablets. Once the Alka-Seltzer has dissolved completely, start a brew cycle. then, run through a plain water cycle before using the machine again.
- If you think you might be getting a urinary tract infection (UTI), take two Alka-Seltzer tablets in a glass of water right away (the moment you notice symptoms). This will immediately help you! If you have an Aspirin allergy, do NOT take Alka-Seltzer!
- Deanture cleanser products can be expensive. Instead, try some Alka-Seltzer! Clean your dentures by dropping an Alka-Seltzer tablet into a glass of warm water and dentures. Soak for about ten minutes.
Take a look around your home at the items you use all the time, and ask yourself “could I use this for something else, too?“. You may be surprised when you realize that most items in your home can be used for more than their intended purpose.
Other posts you may enjoy reading: